Saturday, September 26, 2009

Firsts....

We took Rio on his first outing this week (the ride home from the hospital doesn't count). He had to have his first check up. So, at only 5 days we were out. Steve and I dropped Jaeda off at school and still had a little time to spare, so we headed to Barnes and Nobles, had a coffee and caught up. It's crazy how in just a couple of days we had so much catching up to do. We were able to finish conversations that were started 4 days prior.
Rio's check up went great. He is healthy as can be, and has already gained his birth weight (well almost) back. He was born at 6lb13oz, discharged at 6lb9oz and was already back up to 6lb12.5oz. This little guy LOVES to eat!
Rio also had another first. On Thursday he started taking a paci. The girls never took one. With Kalea we tried every kind at the store and nothing (she loved to nurse too). Well, I knew that if I didn't try to give him one his big sisters would. Kalea is obsessed with babies and paci's. When she sees a baby that has one, she will go up to the child take out his/her paci, say "baby....paci" then sticks it in the child's mouth. I have to keep her away from children we don't know. Awkward.



1 comment:

Jenni said...

so Cute! I weighed Lydia and she is 9 pounds.....that is 2.5 pounds heavier than her birth weight....crazy