This past weekend the kids and I went on a little adventure. On Thursday afternoon I packed up our minivan and headed to Charleston, SC. (Steve was on an away trip, so it was just the kids and I). Honestly, at first I was a little hesitant to do the 4 hour drive with three small kids. Seriously, one stop a lone just to use a nasty public bathroom would take at least 30 minutes. We took off at nap time, I grabbed a venti triple shot and we were off. What an amazing drive. The kids were better then I could have dreamed of. Just one stop, but no one got out. (details to spare). We had a wonderful mini vacation visiting with the Evan's family. (They just moved there and we already missed them so much) The girls were spoiled with attention and I actually had a chance to sit down and relax. It was wonderful! We went to the beach for a morning and even though it was crazy windy the kids loved it. And we headed to downtown Charleston for an afternoon to shop the flea market, candy shoppe and grabbed lunch at Bubba Gumps. By Sunday it was time for us to head back, Steve had gotten back that morning. Again I was slightly nervous about the drive back. There was no chance that the drive could go as well. First stop, Venti, muffins and scones......all paid for by the random guy in front of us in the drive thru! What a great way to start the drive. Again the kids were great. We all get a little "loopy" the last hour. If only there was a camera to watch our "jam and praise session". Rocking out, dancing, singing and playing "instruments". The girls loved it. We are all ready to go back.






1 comment:
cute pictures... did you go back to the peoples house that you stayed with a couple weeks ago?
Post a Comment